Tuesday, June 3, 2014

MOPS: Join Now!

I have been involved in MOPS at my church the last 5 years. My first year I worked in the nursery. During that year I found out I was pregnant with our first child, and by the end of the year it was getting pretty hard to play on the floor with the babies as my stomach got bigger and bigger. The next year I joined MOPS as a mom, and my daughter was just 2 months old at my first meeting. My second year attending as a mom I stepped into a leadership role as a table leader. My job was to get to know the 8-10 ladies at my table, help them feel welcome, lead discussions, plan activities, and of course do some administrative work such as phone calls and emails and attend leadership meetings. Near the end of that year I found I was having twins and I decided that I would have to take a step back from leadership the next year. I was really just hoping that I was going to be able to attend the meetings after having twins! So my third year as a mom I had twins at the table with me. Since they were preemies, I couldn't put them in childcare, so they stayed with me the whole year. This last year (if you are keeping track, this was my fourth year as a mom!) I was happy to jump back to leadership and again I was a table leader. I love being involved in hospitality and discipleship, and I also enjoy the administrative side too. This next year I am already planning to be a table leader again.

What I love about MOPS is that it as a place that moms can be real. We don't have to be dressed up or pretend like we have it all together. We all have problems with our kids and we all need friends to walk this journey with us.

I attend MOPS at Alderwood Community Church, and we are currently open for registration for next year. You can find out more information here and register online. Join us!

No comments: