Friday, September 24, 2010

Tired of Tired

Yep, that's what I am! Tired of being tired.

This week (week 8) I had to do another glucose test. Those are just so fun. After doing the one hour and three hour tests while I was pregnant, I now got to do a two hour test. The good news is that I no longer have diabetes! Hurray!

The bad news is that I have a good chance of getting gestational diabetes again with future pregnancies, and of developing type 2 diabetes. My doctors want to keep giving me these annoying tests: when I finish breastfeeding, as soon as I get pregnant again, and then pretty much for the rest of my life. Oh well, I'll try not to think about that now.

Kaitlyn has had a good week. This week she has started smiling a lot more. Yesterday she started fussing and I went over to her and smiled real big and said "hi!". She stopped fussing and smiled back at me. It was really fun to see her make the switch from crying to smiling when she saw me.

Twice this morning I saw Kaitlyn staring at her hands. This is the first time I've seen her doing this, and it is exciting because I know that it is a step in the direction of her learning what those things can do.

Kaitlyn likes going places with me. Everywhere we go is a new opportunity to see new things. She also likes that when we go somewhere I hold her so much. When we're at home I am always trying to take a shower, eat dinner, or do laundry. But when we go to visit a friend, to church, or a play group, I just hold her and she is happy to be close to me as she looks around at all the new things, has a little to eat to calm down from all the stimulation, and then has a nice nap in my arms. I enjoy this time with her too!

One new place we went this week was our first MOPS meeting. Mothers of Pre-Schoolers is a group that meets at our church for moms and kids preschool age and younger to get together. I'm looking forward to getting to know some other moms there, learning some new things, and doing a Bible study with some of the moms from the group.

Here's the pictures from Week 8:

Playing in my diaper and socks!

I'm a Little Lady!

Hi there!

No comments: