Friday, September 10, 2010

6 Weeks!

Oh my, how did we make it to 6 weeks already? I've heard a lot of people say that the first 6 weeks are the hardest, so in my mind I have kept the 6 week mark as the first goal to reach. And now here we are. So now things get easy, right?

Honestly things are getting easier. Life is feeling a little more "normal", if there is such a thing. It's getting easier to take Kaitlyn places, which allows me to see more people and not be stuck at home.

This week Paul and I had our first date without Kaitlyn. My parents got to play with her while we took off for a few hours to some places that we used to go when we were dating and first married. It was nice to have time to have fun together and have conversation other than, "Can you get me that?" and "Could you do that for me?"

Today Kaitlyn and I went to a play group with other moms and babies from our Sunday School class. It was so nice to connect with them again, after missing them during the summer, and see how the babies are growing.

And Kaitlyn is growing all the time too! When I picked her up this morning I asked her if she had grown overnight. She felt bigger. And she is much more alert and able to look at things. She sure is a cutie!

Playing with Daddy

Our Sleeping Beauty

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

She sure is cute! I love the folded hands... she looks like an angel!