Tuesday, November 30, 2010

4 Months!

Today marks the end of another month. It's amazing how fast they go. Month number 4 was a good one for Kaitlyn, probably her happiest one so far.

Yesterday we took Kaitlyn to her 4 month doctor appointment, and her doctor was very happy with how she is doing. Our *little* sweetie now weighs a whopping 16 pounds and 11 ounces, which puts her in the 97th percentile. She is 25.5 inches long, which is in the 90th percentile. I guess she is a big girl! She also got another round of shots, which she did pretty well with. We are so happy to have a healthy baby.

The best parts of the month probably were seeing Kaitlyn learn to roll over, grab her feet, and giggle, along with celebrating Thanksgiving with our families.

Since this is my blog, and it really is all about bragging anyway, I might as well brag a little more! I can hardly believe that I have made it to 4 months with pumping my milk. The first few weeks were so hard, and I had no idea that I could make it this long. I think I deserve some sort of award. Maybe it's in the mail? I still have no idea how long I will keep this up. Nearly everyday I think about quitting, and yet everyday I keep going. Perhaps I'm a little stubborn?

This month has been great in a lot of ways, but it also has been an emotional one for me. Another round of post-partem emotions has hit me, and that part hasn't been so fun. I feel fine for a few days, and then don't quite feel like myself for a few days. Sometimes for no real reason I feel overwhelmed and like crying. Hopefully this next month will see an improvement in this department!

Next up: month 5 and Christmas!

3 comments:

David and Jessica said...

Yes, that is VERY impressive that you've been pumping your milk for so long for Kaitlyn! Way to go! I don't know what kind of award that would earn...something better than a certificate, but a trophy would be awfully strange.

I hope your post-partem stuff improves - no fun. :-/

And yay for a healthy baby! :-D

Melissa said...

Way to go! You're a great mom and that's amazing how long you've been able to pump. In a month or so Kaitlyn will be able to start some solids too and if you continue pumping it can ease off a bit after that which makes it gradually easier. You're doing the hardest work now.

Christa Forsythe said...

Amazing what you will do for your baby... I must have missed something... will she not breast feed at all? I pumped for the first 6 weeks (with Ethan)... finally he started to latch on. I was so thankful! I did have to pump on and off for the whole bf time, but oh well! I hope you know you should win the mommy of the year award... that is work!