Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Years Resolution

It is January 1, 2012 and I have decided it is time to try something new. Today I ordered a few of these....


I have been thinking about cloth diapering since before Kaitlyn was born and have often read about them on the Cotton Babies Website. I have always known it would save a lot of money and of course be good for the environment. But I was fearful of how much extra time it would take, and how much mess I would have to deal with. I figured learning to take care of a newborn would be a lot of work and wasn't sure if I could handle dealing with cloth diapers on top of that. But I've never stopped thinking about trying it at some point.

Finally today I decided to go for it and placed an order. My friend Melissa wrote an excellent post about cloth diapers yesterday and it helped convince me. I won't have enough to go cloth full-time yet, but enough to get us started and see how it goes. If it goes well I can order some more and go full-time. Or maybe I'll be happy doing some of each. Or maybe I'll hate it. Hopefully it won't be option #3.

After doing some math I figure if I use what I ordered today for 3 months they will have paid for themselves, since I will be saving money on disposables. So I am committed to using them for at least that long. But hopefully they will work well for us, and when Kaitlyn is done using them she can pass them down to a little brother or sister and then we can really save some money by cloth diapering our next baby with what we already have!

So here we go on a new journey. I'm still kinda nervous, but kinda excited too. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive. Stay tuned to hear how it goes.

Happy New Year!

No comments: