Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January

2011 didn't start off too great for our family, as all 3 of us were sick. I had it the worst, and it was awful. But Kaitlyn was a very good girl for me while I was so sick. she was content to sit on the couch with me and just hang out, without me having to do much to entertain her. Fortunately, we are now healthy. Here are some notes on what Kaitlyn has been up to.

She still loves to eat, and is now fairly good at holding her bottle. We'll probably be starting some solids in the next few days.


After a nice bottle, this is the best place for a nap.


After a nap, it's time to play! In addition to putting toys into her mouth, Kaitlyn now likes to shake them all around. She enjoys it, except when she hits herself in the face with them.


She also loves to listen to Mommy or Daddy sing to her.


In the last few weeks Kaitlyn has started to enjoy looking at books. She often will let out a squeal when I open a book and try to grab at the pictures. It's a little hard for me to turn the pages with her hands in the way, but I hope we will share many more hours reading books together.


This last weekend Kaitlyn and I went to several parties together. Saturday we went to my Grandma's 90th birthday party. Kaitlyn was kinda overwhelmed meeting so many new people, but we had a good time. Then on Sunday we went to a baby shower for two ladies at our church. Here she is decked out for the shower in a new outfit one of her Grandma's sent her. She is only 5 months old, but this 9 month size outfit is none too big for our "little" sweetie who continues to grow.

No comments: