Saturday, March 20, 2010

Names

Now that we know we're having a girl everyone is asking us if we have chosen a name. The answer is no.

We had our first name discussion last week and it didn't go very well. I told Paul the name that I had finally come up with and he hates it. I knew this would happen, but it was still dissapointing. Then Paul told me the name that he likes. I was kinda surprized, because it is a fairly common name and I expected him to only like things more unique. He also says that he's not sure if he will like any name other than this one. I tried suggesting a few other names to no avail.

So, now I am trying to decide if I like this name or not. It does not quite fit what I thought I wanted, but it's not too bad. Maybe it will continue to grow on me. Yikes, names are hard!

2 comments:

David and Jessica said...

We found it helpful to look at names together, and tried to keep an open mind about each one we saw. We had actually agreed on a girl's name before we even found out we were having a girl, but ended up changing our minds. You've still got time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Melissa said...

Names are hard, but I'm sure there are more names Paul could like. You might have more girls in the future. :) It's all about compromise. Maybe if Paul gets his first choice with this one you can have your first choice with the next baby or use your first choice as the middle name? You'll find the perfect name for your little girl, and whatever it is after awhile you won't be able to imagine her with any other name. :)