Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year :)

It's February 29th --- my birthday!

Kaitlyn decided to start the celebration early this morning by waking up at 4am. I could NOT get her back to sleep. Fortunately Paul was up since he went to bed really early last night, so I took Kaitlyn out to play with him and I went back to bed for a couple of hours until he had to get ready for work. Yay for going back to bed!

This morning Kaitlyn and I met some friends at a coffee shop. I had fun chatting with my friends and Kaitlyn had fun running around playing with toys and the other kids. I was very shocked that two of my friends brought me flowers! And the coffee shop gave me a free coffee!

After having taken a 20 minute nap in the car in the morning, Kaitlyn would NOT take a nap this afternoon. I was hoping for a 2-3 hour nap for her, but she could not fall asleep. So it was a long afternoon with a cranky kid.

This evening we went out to dinner with Paul's dad. Kaitlyn was pretty well behaved for being so tired. She had fun pretending to pour sugar packets in my cup and then stir it. She always watches her Grandpa pour sugar and stir his iced tea, so she had fun copying him. I got a free small ice cream sundae for my birthday. I gave Kaitlyn a small taste of my whipped cream, and at first she didn't want it. But as soon as she did get a taste she wanted MORE. When I wasn't giving her more fast enough, she stuck her whole hand in my bowl and grabbed some herself. She was so happy that I let her do it a few more times. She would stick her hand into the whipped cream, giggle, and then lick her fingers. I enjoyed seeing her have fun trying something new.

Kaitlyn was so tired that she fell asleep on the short drive home. I brought her inside and could not believe that she did not even open her eyes as I changed her diaper and put her into bed. And now I finally get a few minutes of my day without her hanging on me!

I have a lot to be thankful for on my birthday today. I am thankful for my husband. I am thankful for my daughter. And I am thankful for the new little one who is growing inside me. I am 11 weeks pregnant today!

1 comment:

Rebecca Beckett said...

Congratulations on baby #2!!