Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Big Weekend!

We didn't have any plans this last weekend, but it turned out to be a big weekend for our family.

Friday Kaitlyn started standing up and walking on her own. This was a big change from the 1-2 steps she had been taking for several weeks.

Saturday Kaitlyn got a new tooth. It is #8.

Saturday Kaitlyn tried her first casserole and LOVED it. It was chicken, rice, broccoli, and cheese. I wasn't sure she would even try it, but once she had a bite she kept eating and eating. She enjoyed leftovers Sunday too.

Saturday we took Kaitlyn swimming. She loves the water, and while she still wanted to hold onto my hand, she was walking all around the pool.

Sunday morning Kaitlyn slept in until 8:00! She normally gets up between 5:00-6:30. I woke up at 7:45 and was freaking out because I hadn't heard her yet. She woke up at 8:00 and started playing. I knew she slept well because she was giggling a lot that morning.

Sunday Kaitlyn tried goldfish crackers for the first time. Another win! This girl loves anything with cheese in it.

I wonder what will happen next weekend?

1 comment:

Christa Forsythe said...

Love all the "firsts"... in my opinion each one is special and a huge encouragement to the Momma!

You are doing awesome!