Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Babies Everywhere But Here

It seems like EVERYONE is having a baby.

Friends from college are having babies, former roommates have new little ones, friends in the Czech Republic are making announcements, they are coming at me from all directions.

Our Sunday School class at church is a baby factory. The class is for young married couples and it seems like every week someone is announcing that they are pregant or someone is giving birth. We have a lot of baby showers. The legend is that there is a secret chair in our meeting room and if a woman sits in it, she will soon become pregnant.

While I love seeing the pregnant ladies and the tiny babies every week, I am often jealous too. When will it be my turn? Will that really be me one day?

Paul assures me that yes, my turn will come. And I am trying to believe him.

No comments: